ALCOHOL ADDICTION TREATMENT
Dr. Patil DeAddiction center takes the following care for your treatment against
Addiction and its surgery
- In the first phase, Oral Medications is given by doctor for few days and then patient is admitted in the hospital
- Detoxification is the second step towards the treatment
- Detoxification is done in the hospital under supervision of specialist doctor
- The Process by which an alcohol or drug dependent person is helped to stop the use of the alcohol in a supervised manner
- Detoxification is done in few days, depending on the predominant substance used and the severity of dependence.
3. OPERATIVE IMPLANT TREATMENT
- In Third Phase Small operative procedure is done on the addict in where a implant is kept in the body which will release the drug for certain period.
- An implant produces sensitivity to alcohol that results in a highly unpleasant reaction and may be life threatening some times when the patient under treatment ingests even small amounts of alcohol.
Procedure of operative implant
- It is usually done with the help of our anesthetic and surgeon team. Implant is inserted through a 1 cm incision on the lower abdomen. Then implant is inserted 1 cm deep under the skin in abdomen muscles and wound is closed.
Advantages of Implants
- Makes relapse almost impossible while the implant is effective.
- Avoids the need to supervise makes it impossible to ‘forget’ to take Drug.
- Reduces craving because there is no point in craving for what you can’t have.
Disadvantages of Implants
- Involves (minor) surgery and a small scar with temporary tenderness and bruising.
- Occasional local infection or inflammation of implant site, usually responding to antibiotics.
- Initially more expensive than oral medicines.
4. Counseling and psychotherapy
- Patient and his family members counselling is done by our trained counselor and if required by psychiatrist.
5. Follow Up
- At least one year follow up is required for complete cessation of alcohol. The success rate depends upon the patient and follow up.